Celebration time! I turned 17 on Sunday. (Yes, this post is late. I’m a procrastinator, like most teenagers)
To celebrate, here are 17 random facts about ME and my writing:
1. I hated writing until the end of my 8th grade year.
2. By the end of my 9th grade year I had written one and a half novels, totaling over 550 pages. (nothing from those books has been published yet, it’s a possibility for the future)
3. I wrote over 100 poems during the course of my 10th grade year.
4. I started studying apologetics in 9th grade and haven’t stopped since.
5. Coffee is my go to drink while writing. (Caffeine has no effect on me)
6. I can’t listen to music while writing. I start writing about the song instead of whatever I was planning on. (like a page of analysis on Taylor Swift’s “Love Story” instead of a page of analysis on Matthew 16.)
7. One of the best birthday presents I got was 4 blank notebooks. Nothing special about them, just the cheap ones you get when school supplies are on sale. but they’re perfect, because they are a blank slate.
8. I never leave the house without a notebook! Or a book. Or both.
9. I chose my confirmation name, Athanasius, after a 4 month long process of narrowing down a list of 72 favorite saints.
10. I love poofy dresses. The bigger the skirt the better. They’re so much fun!
11. My favorite book of the Bible is Revelation.
12. I use my phone for everything but calling people.
13. I have a fear of talking to people on the phone. Even more so talking to people on the phone if it’s not a family member. Just no.
14. My favorite activities to do in the summer include teaching Church History with my mom, and going to pro-life camps.
15. I never considered making a career out of writing until recently, now it’s one of my top choices of dream jobs.
16. My nickname “Kateri” has a nickname of it’ own, “Teri” (pronounced Tear (rhymes with ear) – Ee)
17. One of my best friend’s books is free on Kindle today and tomorrow! It is an awesome book. And tells the story of my favorite fictional should-be couple, Peter and Rebecca! Get the book and join me on my crusade to save them from the author’s plans! (Here’s the link: http://www.amazon.com/I-Thirst-Gina-Marinello-Sweeney-ebook/dp/B00JHXJ7R8/ref=sr_1_1_bnp_1_kin?ie=UTF8&qid=1405474417&sr=8-1&keywords=i+thirst+gina+marinello-sweeney )
I think that about wraps it up!
I don’t have any updates on the book yet! I’m waiting to hear back from a couple people about something cool that could happen with the book, so I’ll post here when I have more information!